Fifteen Things for 2015
People | December 31st, 2014
As much as the “new year, new me” mantra is cause for vicious eye rolling among many of us, there is something special about the prospect of a new year. While I don’t typically make resolutions, there are a number of personal characteristics I wish to further develop and new events I’m looking forward to experiencing in the upcoming year.
Fifteen things I’m excited about in 2015:
- Valuing experiences over material objects
- Being Maid-of-Honor in my best friend’s wedding
- Turning 26: Even though I’m not even close to where I thought I would be at this age, professionally, physically and personally, I know it’s going to be a very rewarding and busy year.
- Paying off my car
- Spending more quality time with friends and family
- Throwing an insane Bachelorette party over 4th of July weekend in Dallas
- Continuing to hone my party planning abilities by creating a beautiful bridal shower for my charming bride-to-be. No easy task from Texas to California.
- Visiting at least three new states. I have my eye set on Louisiana, Colorado and possibly Florida.
- Taking more time to find inspiration and create
- Re-merchandising my Etsy shop with more than just one type of product!
- Minimizing clutter in my home and hopefully my mind as well.
- Remembering to follow through
- Hosting as many friends who want to visit Dallas as possible. I love playing hostess.
- Rediscovering what it means to be in love. With life and the world and the beauty within others.
- Continuing to understand and accept myself for who I am, while constantly taking on new challenges to further learn and grow.
Happy New Year! Let’s make 2015 a year of purpose and positivity.